“Americans work harder and longer and more stressful hours than anyone in the world today… Of course, we all inevitably work too hard, then we get burned out and have to spend the whole weekend in our pajamas, eating cereal straight out of the box and staring at the TV in a mild coma (which is the opposite of working, yes, but not exactly the same thing as pleasure). Americans don’t really know how to do NOTHING. This is the cause of that great sad American stereotype-the over-stressed executive who goes on vacation but who cannot relax.” – Elizabeth Gilbert; Eat Pray Love
Why good health is important for work?
In the fast-developing modern society, almost everyone is sacrificing their health for their work without knowing the harms. People assume that it’s natural and necessary to compromise their health for work. In fact, that is quite the opposite. You should work for your health, to survive, to live healthy and happy.
Staying healthy means better body against infections, more energy, better sleep, less stress, better mental health, empowerment, confidence, and, of course, lower medical costs. All in all, keeping in good health is not just to help us survive, but thrive, which, undoubtedly contribute to our productivity at work.
How can we maintain a work-health balance?
However, it’s totally understandable that if you refuse to work hard and even sacrifice our health may get fired, which will eliminate your income and place yourself and your family out on the street. But there is always a way to keep your work productivity and your body healthy.
Consider the following motivational tips to help you make small, positive steps each day.
Maintain physical and mental health
1. Exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet. This is essential to your physical health.
2. Get enough sleep. This will strengthen your immune system and put you in a better mood.
3. Learn to manage stress. Stress is everywhere so you need to handle it. This will help you stay calm and be able to function in stressful situations.
4. Be positive. A positive attitude helps you cope more easily with the daily affairs of life. It brings optimism into your life and makes it easier to avoid negative thinking.
Increase in Productivity
1. List your work tasks in order of priority. Build your day around your toughest tasks, then do those things first.
2. Stop waiting for perfect conditions. Don’t wait for a “perfect” time to launch a project or start a task. For work, done is always better than perfect.
3. Set self-imposed work deadlines. Setting a deadline makes you serious about what is to come, keeps you more organized, and mobilizes your thinking for the challenge ahead.
4. Try something “new”. Don’t hesitate to try smart tools to redefine your work. Ever tried working anytime anywhere? Here come remote work solutions that enable greater flexibility and higher efficiency.
How can AweSun help?
AweSun Remote Desktop, as an emerging remote desktop software, is committed to offering people remote access and support. AweSun is an all-in-one remote desktop solution, offering multiple strong features for free which include remote desktop, file transfer, screen sharing, remote printing, whiteboard, session recording, etc.
With AweSun, you can work anytime anywhere, thus get your productivity highly improved. You can work on the bus, in the coffee shop or during a business trip. In this way, the time saved can be used for exercise and rest which in turn leads to better performance at work. It’s actually a virtuous circle.
Hopefully, tips mentioned above for higher work productivity and good health could help. We must bear in mind that health is central to our well-being and happiness. Everyone should pay special attention to the work-health balance.
Again, when it comes to work and health, we pursue thriving, not just surviving.